The news of the day is so often a myopic pinhole view on the landfill of the worst aspects of our human existence that one might easily fall into the toxic cynicism promulgated by these modern equivalents of street corner criers.
But the world is full of good and loving people who work together in families, communities, companies, churches, and charities to embrace the Light within us.
Working toward common goals, setting aside our differences, and the ordinary strictures of self-limiting processes, rules, and policies, human beings have an almost infinite capacity to swarm on a problem, a real problem, and solve it in a way that no other form of life is capable of.
Let us embrace the Light within us. Try ignoring the news for three days. Use the saved time to contemplate in meditation. Apply the relief from its negative themes in a positive way to your interactions with the people within the sphere of your influence.
See what a difference it makes.
#healing #humanity #embracethelight
(Photo by Zac Durant)
I realized today that my old pre-2012-04 posts were broken. That’s when I moved from dasBlog to BlogEngine.NET. At the time, I had to fix the same problem that I recently re-introduced when upgrading to a clean install of the lastest BlogEngine.NET.
<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true" />
And today I will fix my mistake by blogging about it. To support URLs with a “+” in the Title slug rather than a “-“ we need to modify the web.config as shown above.
And that makes both of these links work just fine:
Don’t forget your configuration when you migrate or upgrade.
It's been seven months and two job changes and crazy busy with family, work and life.
Vacation is over.
List of things to blog about.
So much to say, so little time to say it.
For about a year and a half I’ve been working on various open source projects published on GitHub and several of them have packages on NuGet. When I first set them up, I used the name “duovia” which was the name of a little S corp I use from time to time for corp-to-corp consulting projects. But the name was just causing confusion for anyone looking me up and checking out my open source projects.
So I set out to simplify things a bit all around the name “tylerjensen.” I hope This will make it easier for people to find my work and less confusing when they do.
Two days ago a friend of mine pointed out that some of my posts displayed a related link to one or more pages on my blog that I had not actually authored. I don’t generally use the pages feature of BlogEngine.Net, so you can imagine my surprise to find that my blog had been hacked by someone trying to promote a cause. If any of you were offended by that content, I sincerely apologize.
I quickly removed the rogue pages and found that the most likely point of entrance was a vulnerability in the combination of Disqus and the version of BlogEngine.Net that I had been running. The upgrade was not terribly hard but it was a bit tricky. Several side effects of the upgrade included a number of broken links to older posts that used double escaped characters in their title and links. This required enabling requestFiltering with allowDoubleEscaping="true" in the web.config.
The upgrade also sports a far better theme structure and rather than take the time to migrate my custom theme, I decided to go with the existing standard theme with just one or two modifications. This includes the new blog logo, an homage to the company that made my first computer—Commodore.